You know how sometimes life seems to be going along smoothly, when all of a sudden everything starts going pear-shaped? Life can throw a lot of problems at us, so arming ourselves with tools to help solve them really makes life easier.
How you think about problems is up to you, and can depend on how you’re feeling at a given time. When you’re feeling confident, problems can seem like challenges or puzzles to be solved. But when your self-esteem or energy levels are low, it’s easy to see problems as burdens you’re powerless to resolve. When faced with a problem, we often feel:
- frustrated at yourself or others,
- pressure from yourself or others,
- physically sick, including headaches or migraines,
Coping strategies help us accept situations beyond our control. They can help us feel better even when the problem still exists. Coping strategies you can use include:
- Challenging negative self-talk
- Getting involved – throw yourself into some enjoyable activities in order to take your mind off your problem.
- Talking to people you trust – they can help you accept what you can’t change.
- Using relaxation techniques
- Distracting yourself – literally change the subject mentally by thinking about other things instead of the problem.
If you would like to talk to somebody about how you feel, you can contact me at the following:
Appointments can be made by contacting Rosebery Remedies on 01296 661081
or by calling me directly on 07711 142241.